Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 25 Years
|Full name||Abhay Kumar Sharma Abhay Sharma’s official Facebook page|
|Profession(s)||Standup comedian, Lyricist, Politician, YouTuber|
|Known for||• Reaching the grand finale of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge (2017)
• Participating as a contestant in India’s Laughter Champions 2022
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2020-present) Abhay Sharma’s official Facebook page|
|Date of Birth||5 July 1997 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Gordiha, Sonbhadra, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Village Gordiha, Sonbhadra district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Sri Hanuman Prasad Poddar Andh Vidyalaya, Varanasi|
|College/University||Banaras Hindu University|
|Educational Qualification||BA (Hons) Political Science Abhay Sharma’s official Facebook account|
|Religion||Hinduism Abhay Sharma’s official Facebook page|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to music, Reading|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Name not known
Mother– Name not known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhay Sharma
- Abhay Sharma is a visually impaired Indian stand-up comedian, politician, YouTuber and lyricist. He is well-known for participating as a contestant in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge (2017) and India’s Laughter Champion (2022).
- In 2016, after completing his graduation from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Abhay Sharma worked at Radio 90.8 FM Aap Ki Aawaz as RJ Trainee.
- After completing his internship in 2016 with Radio 90.8 FM, Abhay Sharma joined a non-profit organisation named Utsav Trust.
- In 2017, Abhay Sharma participated in a live stand-up comedy show named Divyango Ki Shyam, Swachchta Ke Nam in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
Abhay Sharma being honoured by the Jabalpur Authorities for participating in a live comedy show
- In the same year, Abhay Sharma participated in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge and became one of the seven contestants to enter the show’s grand finale. The show was aired on Star Plus.
A still from Abhay Kumar’s performance in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge
- In 2019, Abhay Sharma met Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who appreciated his mimicking skills in the comedy skit titled Mann Ki Baat which was based on PM Modi’s radio program, Mann Ki Baat.
Abhay Sharma with PM Narendra Modi
- In 2019, Abhay Sharma was made the brand ambassador by the Election Commission of India for spreading voting awareness among the voters in the Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
Abhay Sharma being appointed as the Brand Ambassador by the Election Commission of India
- Abhay Sharma, on numerous occasions, through his social media has voiced his opinion in favour of the farmers’ protests that took place in New Delhi.
A still from his video where he is seen giving a speech at the farmer’s rally
- Abhay Sharma, in 2021, was made the President of the Non-government Organisation (NGO) named UTSAV Trust.
- In 2021, he met Rakesh Tikait, the leader of the farmer’s movement, and gave a speech in their support.
Abhay Sharma with the farmer’s leader, Rakesh Tikait
- In 2021, Abhay Sharma was invited to give an opening speech at the Banaras Film Festival.
Abhay Sharma while giving a speech at the Banaras Film Festival
- In the same year, after the local administration of Varanasi decided to stop the admissions from class 9th till 12th for the specially-abled children at Sri Hanuman Prasad Poddar Andh Vidyalaya, Abhay Sharma went on an indefinite hunger strike at Varanasi, demanding the district administration to take back its decision.
A poster calling for an indefinite hunger strike against the administration’s decision
- In 2021, Abhay Sharma was invited by the BS Film Academy as a chief guest for its inauguration ceremony.
Abhay Sharma during the inauguration of BS Film Academy
- Abhay Sharma is also a YouTuber. He has posted several comedy skits on his YouTube channel. As of June 2022, his YouTube channel has 32.3k subscribers.
- In 2021, Abhay Sharma uploaded a comedy skit titled Janta Ka Vaccine Tender on his YouTube channel. The video became one of his most-watched videos on YouTube.
A still from his standup comedy act Janta Ka Vaccine Tender
- Abhay Sharma has made several comedy skits with Shyam Rangeela, who is also a famous stand-up comedian.
- On 22 January 2022, Abhay Sharma and Shyam Rangeela collaborated for a comedy skit titled UP Ka Vikas Dekha?
- In the same year, the duo published another famous comedy skit titled Jab Mile Yogi, Modi Aur Akhilesh.
A still from Abhay Kumar’s comedy skit Jab Mile Yogi, Modi Aur Akhilesh
- In 2022, Abhay Sharma made another satirical comedy skit titled IPL Aur Corona-Logy.
A poster of his YouTube comedy video titled IPL Aur Corona-Logy
- Abhay Sharma is also a talented lyricist. He is well-known for making political-satirical songs. On 18 February 2022, he released a satirical song titled Jayegi Jumlebaz Sarkar.
- In 2022, Abhay Sharma participated in the comedy reality show India’s Laughter Champion which was aired on Sony TV. When asked about participating in his second reality comedy TV show, Abhay in an interview stated,
I think making people laugh is the greatest gift anyone can get and I am just grateful that god blessed me with this talent. I thank Sony TV and India’s Laughter Champion for this golden opportunity. The competition is tough, there are many good comedians in the race but I will try my best to be the best among them.”
Abhay Sharma as a contestant in the India’s Laughter Champion 2022
- In January 2022, Abhay Sharma participated in the reality talent hunt show titled India’s Got Talent.
Abhay Sharma auditioning in India’s Got Talent
- Abhay Sharma is also an excellent mimicry artist. He is well-known for mimicking renowned politicians such as Akhilesh Yadav, Lalu Prasad Yadav, Narendra Modi and many more. His work is also very famous among politicians such as Akhilesh Yadav and Dimple Yadav, who often share his satirical comedy videos on their social media accounts.
- Abhay Sharma once stated that while growing up in Indian society, he had to face several difficulties and prejudices for his blindness. While giving an interview, Abhay Sharma stated,
I was born a blind kid. People often made fun of me and even mocked me for my disability. When my parents got me admitted to the Sri Hanuman Prasad Poddar Andh Vidyalaya at Varanasi, people believed that my parents had given me away to an orphanage and whenever I came back home on holidays. they would often taunt me for coming back to beg for a few scraps of food. It took a lot of time for me to prove myself, that now people believe that Yes! He too can read and write.”
- Abhay Sharma believes that there should be a representation of the specially-abled in the Parliament. Abhay once told that he has made several appeals to the Prime Minister of India, to have a few seats reserved for the differently-abled people in the Parliament. During an interview, Abhay stated,
I want to work for the over-all development of the specially abled people of India, but our representation in the parliament has been neglected since ever. I had even asked our PM Narendra Modi to present a bill in the parliament for reserving some seats for the handicapped citizens, so that we can have equal representation at the administrative level and contribute towards policy making as well.”
- Abhay Sharma is a UPSC aspirant and wants to become an IAS officer.
- Abhay Sharma believes that his career took a dip after the Corona Virus Pandemic. He once stated that had it not been the COVID, he would have established himself as a renowned comedy artist. He further exclaimed that he does not wish to become a star by gaining sympathy due to his blindness. While giving an interview, Abhay told the media,
After my reality show, I had started getting lots of shows. However, then a pandemic happened and everything came to a standstill. Now, that I have again got an opportunity with India’s Laughter Champion I would not let this opportunity go. I want to make my own standing in the comedy scene on the basis of my talent and not on anyone’s sympathy.”
- Abhay Sharma wanted to become a cricketer or a commentator. He could not pursue his dream due to his visual impairment. In an interview, Abhay stated,
Well.. Had I not been born as a blind child, I would have certainly loved to take up cricket as a professional sport. I even want to become a commentator. But my condition does not allow me to do either. Even though I cannot see the players, but I know who is who and does what.”
|↑1, ↑2, ↑4||Abhay Sharma’s official Facebook page|
|↑3||Abhay Sharma’s official Facebook account|