Age: 10 Years
Hometown: Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
|Other name||Ahamd Rigoo Instagram|
|Famous role||‘Young Laal’ (young Aamir Khan) in the Bollywood film Laal Singh Chaddha (2022)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 101 cm
in meters– 1.01 m
in feet & inches– 3’ 4”
|Eye Colour||Moss Green|
|Debut||Film: Notebook (2019)|
|Date of Birth||Year, 2012|
|Age (as of 2022)||10 Years|
|Birthplace||Zaldagar, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India|
|Hometown||Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India|
|School||Tyndale Biscoe School, Srinagar|
|Educational Qualification||4th grade (as of 2022) Aaj Tak|
|Parents||His father is a businessman, and his mother is a homemaker.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ahmad Ibn Umar
- Ahmad Ibn Umar is an Indian child actor. He played the role of young Aamir Khan in the 2022 Bollywood film “Laal Singh Chaddha.”
- At the age of four, Umar started giving auditions for many acting projects, and many times, he failed. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
From my childhood, I have faced dozens of auditions who were looking for child actors. Many times I failed and but I did not give up.”
Ahmad Ibn Umar playing with a bunny
- At the age of six, he appeared as ‘young Captain Kabir Kaul’ in the Hindi-language romantic drama film “Notebook,” which was released on 29 March 2019 in theatres.
Ahmad Ibn Umar in the Bollywood film Notebook (2019)
- At the age of seven, he appeared in many fashion shows.
- In 2021, he appeared in the video song ‘Bas Ek Tera Main Hoke,’ which was released on 24 July 2021 on Zee Music Company’s YouTube channel.
- He has also appeared in many TV commercials including Turtle, a clothing brand.
- In an interview, Ahmad Ibn Umar said that he wanted to pursue acting as a career after completing his formal studies.
- In 2022, he hit the headlines after he played the young Aamir Khan in the Bollywood film “Laal Singh Chaddha. In an interview, Umar said that when he heard that Aamir Khan was looking for a new face for this role, he decided to give the auditions, and he was selected. According to Umar, following his selection for the role, he had to undergo many training sessions, acting workshops, and interviews to finally get the role. In the film, Umar played the role of a physically disabled Sikh boy.
Ahmad Ibn Umar (left) as the young Laal Singh Chaddha
- In an interview, Umar shared his routine during the filming of Laal Singh Chaddha and said that he had to wake up at 3 in the morning and sleep late in the evening. Umar said,
During the shooting, I usually woke around 3 in the morning and started preparations of my character and return late from the set. There is no alternative to hard work and dedication. I hope people will appreciate my acting in the movie.”
- Reportedly, Punjabi singer Gippy Grewal‘s son Shinda Grewal was the first choice to play the young Aamir Khan in Laal Singh Chaddha; however, Grewal, reportedly, denied to undergo a haircut for the film following which the role was offered to Ahmad Ibn Umar; Kesh (hair) is considered pious in Sikhism. Hindustan Times
- Laal Singh Chaddha is the Hindi remake of the 1994 Hollywood film “Forrest Gump” in which Tom Hanks played the titular role; Forrest Gump is based on the novel of the American novelist and non-fiction writer Winston Groom; the novel has the same title, and it was published in 1986.
“Run, Laal, Run!” 🏃♂️ Experience the extraordinary journey of #LaalSinghChaddha in the official Indian remake of #ForrestGump – in theatres August 11th. Get your tickets now: https://t.co/F9Ldarycxx pic.twitter.com/hfwzkqAGyL
— Forrest Gump (@ForrestGumpFilm) August 4, 2022
- Soon after the launch of the official trailer of the film, a trend #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha started on social media. The boycott trend started in the wake of Aamir Khan’s meeting with Turkey’s First Lady Emine Erdogan. In 2020 Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan criticized India following the 2020 Delhi riots. In February 2022, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan also supported Pakistan’s stand on Kashmir.
I had the great pleasure of meeting @aamir_khan, the world-renowned Indian actor, filmmaker, and director, in Istanbul. I was happy to learn that Aamir decided to wrap up the shooting of his latest movie ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ in different parts of Turkey. I look forward to it! pic.twitter.com/3rSCMmAOMW
— Emine Erdoğan (@EmineErdogan) August 15, 2020
- The #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha also trended because some netizens considered that Aamir Khan insulted the sentiments of Hindus through his film PK. Another reason behind this boycott trend was a statement by the actor in which he said that ‘it’s better to feed milk to the poor than to offer it in temples;’ and to counter his statement, some netizens quoted that they would prefer to donate Rs 200 (the average cost of a movie ticket in India) than to watch Laal Singh Chaddha in theatres.
Don’t waste money on watching #LaalSinghChaddha feed needy person with that money.#BoycottBollywood#BoycottLaalSinghChaddha pic.twitter.com/GsgUgNjm6k
— Indian (@Indian_101) July 25, 2022