Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 32 Years
Hometown: New Delhi
|Profession||Co-founder of THERE!|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||26 February 1990 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Delhi Public School Vasant Kunj, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (2009-2012) Ankita Bansal- LinkedIn|
|Religion||Nichiren Buddhism Vogue|
|Tattoo(s)||• Her father’s name, Ram, tattoed on her right arm
• Phoenix Tattoo inked on his left arm
|Relationships & More|
Father– Ram Bansal
Mother– Rashmi Bansal
|Siblings||Sister– Gayatri Mallika Bansal (co-founder of THERE!)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ankita Bansal
- Ankita Bansal is an Indian fashion entrepreneur who co-founded the Delhi-based denim brand THERE! along with her younger sister, Gayatri Mallika Bansal. Ankita came into the limelight with Netflix’s 2020 reality series Indian Matchmaking.
- Growing up in Delhi, Ankita first recognized her fashion instincts in childhood after watching her mother experiment with fabric. In an interview, while talking about her entrepreneurial drive, she said,
I have always had a drive for entrepreneurship! Since we were little, my sister, Gayatri, and I were fascinated by the way our mother would experiment with fabric. Although neither of us is formally trained in design, we are immensely passionate and have a knack for spotting trends.”
Childhood picture of Ankita Bansal with her father
- After completing her formal education, she started working at GE Capital, Gurgaon, as Credit Underwriter in November 2012.
- In July 2014, she started working as a Marketing Executive at the hotel Country Inn & Suites By Carlson located in Gurgaon. She left the job after five months.
- In March 2015, she joined Creative Marketing Fix as an Account Manager.
- She started working as a Brand Manager at the fashion & retail e-commerce brand PostFold in April 2016.
- In August 2017, Ankita Bansal, along with her sister, Gayatri, co-founded the denim brand THERE!. Although the entrepreneurial sisters did not pursue any formal training in fashion, they established the fashion brand using their industrial learnings from business school.
- To create a strong online presence, the siblings registered the brand on the multinational e-commerce company Shopify via which they established a direct-to-consumer channel.
- In 2020, she came into the spotlight after she appeared in Netflix’s popular reality show Indian Matchmaking in which marriage consultant Sima Taparia (aka Sima aunty) helps her clients to find a spouse via the arranged marriage process. Ankita was immensely appreciated by women across the globe for her progressive mindset in looking for an equal partner who would value her and her career. Although Sima’s failed to find a husband for Ankita, the show attracted abundant customers for her fashion brand and boosted her sales.
- An avid dog lover, Ankita frequently posts pictures with her dog, Blush, on her social media accounts.
Ankita Bansal with her dog, Blush
- She is often spotted occasionally consuming alcoholic beverages with her friends on her social media accounts.
Ankita Bansal enjoying a beer with her family
|↑1||Ankita Bansal- LinkedIn|