Husband: Samar Verma
Age: 46 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Awards||• 2018: Top Social Influencer of The Year Award by Upper Story.
• 2019: The Most Influential Content Marketing Professional by the World Marketing Congress Awards.
• 2022: The Best Food Influencer of The Year Award by Exhibit Magazine.
|Date of Birth||25 May 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|College/University||• R.D National College, Mumbai
• G J Advani Law College, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||• She Pursued Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree
• She did Bachelor of Mass Media
|Relationships & More|
Note: She met Samar during her first job, when she was a finance writer at CNBC. They started dating after 6 months of knowing each other. After dating for another six months, they broke up for a year. Later, Kamiya was diagnosed with swine flu after returning from a Thailand trip. Samar came to meet her and they got back in relationship.
Daughter– She has one daughter
Father– Mohan Jani (Businessman)
Mother– Poonam Jani
|Siblings||• Brother– She has one elder brother
• Sister– She has a sister
|Book||The Secret by Rhonda Byrne|
|Travel Destination(s)||Goa, Lisbon, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Kerala|
|Car Collection||• Kamiya Jani owns a Mustang.
• She also owns a BMW 2 Series Coupe, and a Tata Motor Safari.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamiya Jani
- Kamiya Jani is an Indian journalist, content creator, anchor, YouTuber, and social media influencer who is recognised for her YouTube show ‘Sunday Brunch’ on her channel Curly Tales.
- Kamiya Jani’s grandfather Naraindas Jani was originally from Pakistan but migrated to India during the partition.
- Kamiya Jani began her career as a journalist with The Times of India in February 2006 and then switched to CNBC TV18 as a Correspondent and Sub-editor in June 2006 where she worked for 1.8 months.
- In February 2008, Kamiya was hired at Bloomberg UTV as an anchor and associate producer for a peroid of 2 years. Her work included anchoring and producing lifestyle, travel, and entertainment shows. In February 2010, Kamiya joined as a Financial Market Anchor with ET Now and Travel Anchor with MagicBricks Now.
- According to Kamiya, she quit her stable job as she got bored with her same routine of working as an anchor. In an interview, talking about quitting her stable job, she said that,
I got bored with the same routine of waking up at 5 am for a TV show and decided to take the plunge. I realised there weren’t any platforms dedicated to local discovery, travel and recommendations. So I decided to quit my job and put all my energy into Curly Tales”.
- In 2016, Kamiya Jani started her YouTube channel titled Curly Tales which is a food, travel, experiences & lifestyle content platform. Kamiya became the editor-in-chief of Curly Tales whose headquarters is situated in Mumbai with a team of more than 20 members. In an interview, talking about her journey with Curly Tales, Kamiya said that,
Curly tales is a food and travel platform and thankfully all age groups enjoy these two categories. That’s the whole intent of reaching out to various age groups. How it originated is an interesting story. 4-5 years ago, I was a news anchor at a business news channel but after a good 10 years of corporate job in media industry I decided to listen to my inner calling. I quit my job, started travelling, documenting my travels and culinary journeys, made videos posted on Facebook and boom I saw some really good response coming from all age groups. So that’s how Curly tales was born back in 2017, cut to 2021 we are now with 2.1 million followers on Facebook”.
- In 2019, Kamiya Jani’s show Curly Tales aired on the channel The Q India.
Kamiya Jani on channel Q India
- Kamiya Jani covered the Grand Prix race at Sepang Circuit in Malaysia.
- In October 2018, Kamiya Jani was part of the TEDx show where she shared her life experiences. The show was held at NIT Srinagar
- Kamiya Jani’s Curly Tale’s YouTube channel has 1.6 million subscribers and 2.7 million followers on the Facebook page.
- Kamiya often posts her drinking pictures on social media.
- Curly Tales has become India’s number one food and travel discovery content platform. In an interview, Kamiya mentioned social media as a reason for Curly Tale’s success. She said that,
I think social media is great space to be in if you want to reach out to people. People have got addicted to social media which is a good thing for creators like me to showcase our talents and stories. We want to put out one story every day to give them a bucket list which can motivate them to move out of office or homes to discover and explore hidden gems. Our formula is not to give exclusive luxurious experiences but more of something which is achievable and relatable. So we covered mostly neighbourhood stories. Facebook is a great platform to kick-start and where we are today is because of Facebook”.
- Kamiya Jani walked the ramp as a show-stopper at Bombay Times Fashion Week for UNIMO- Universe of Moms in April 2022.
Kamiya Jani posed as she walks the ramp as a show-stopper at Bombay Times Fashion Week for UNIMO- Universe of Moms
- Kamiya Jani owns pet dog, Leo.