Naresh Babu is an Indian actor, politician, and social activist who primarily works in Telugu cinema and television. He is well-known for his films like Naalugu Stamabhalata (1982), Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1985), Parampara (2014), Shatamanam Bhavati (2017), and Sammohanam (2018).
Naresh Babu aka Naresh Vijaya Krishna was born on Sunday, 20 January 1963 (age 59 years; as of 2022) in Chennai,India. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. Naresh Babu attended Ramakrishna Mission High School, Hindu High School, and Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, Chennai, India.
Childhood picture of Naresh Babu
Naresh Babu at his young age
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 Inches, Waist: 34 Inches, Biceps: 16 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Naresh Babu’s father’s name is Krishna Murthy. His mother’s name is Vijaya Nirmala who was a well-known actor-director in the Telugu film industry.
Naresh Babu with his mother
After the death of her first husband, she married Ghattamaneni Siva Rama Krishna Murthy.
Naresh Babu’s mother Vijaya Nirmala and step father, Krishna
Naresh Babu’s step father is a well-known former actor-director in Telugu cinema. Naresh’s mother, Vijaya Nirmala passed away in the year 2019. Naresh has 3 step sisters, Padmavathi Ghattamaneni , Manjula Ghattamaneni, and Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni and two step brothers Ramesh Babu and Mahesh Babu. Ramesh Babu was a film producer who passed away in 2022, while Mahesh Babu is one of the highest-paid actors in Telugu cinema.
Naresh Babu’s step sister, Manjula Ghattamaneni with her husband, Sanjay Swaroop
Naresh Babu’s step sister, Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni with her husband, Sudheer Babu
Naresh Babu’s step sister, Padmavathi Ghattamaneni with her husband Jayadev Galla
Naresh Babu with his step brother, Ramesh Babu
Naresh Babu with his step brother, Mahesh Babu
Wife & Children
Naresh Babu got married to Rekha at a young age. Naresh has two children with his wife Rekha, Naveen Vijay Krishna and Tejaswi Krishna.
Naresh Babu’s wife Rekha with her son, Tejaswi Krishna
Naresh Babu with his step father, mother and son Naveen Vijay Krishna
Later, the couple got divorced. In an interview, Naresh talked about the reason behind his divorce and said,
I always focus on one work, so I distanced from the film industry to concentrate on politics. I was successful as a politician, but at the same time I was down financially. My mother and my wife felt bad… and my mother understands me and supports me. I didn’t waste money unnecessarily, but my (first) wife Rekha left me at that point. I don’t want to go beyond that as I respect her views.”
Later, Naresh Babu married Ramya Raghupathi, daughter of AP Congress leader Raghuveera Reddy in 2010. The couple got divorced after three years of marriage in 2013. Naresh and Ramya have a son, Ranveer.
Naresh babu with his second wife, Ramya Raghupathi and son, Ranveer
It is rumoured that Naresh Babu is in a relationship with Kannada actress, Pavithra Lokesh.
Naresh Babu with his rumoured girlfriend, Pavithra Lokesh
Reportedly, the couple is in a live-in relationship. Naresh and Pavithra have worked in a few projects like Happy Wedding, MCA Middle-Class Abbayi, Entha Manchi Vadavu Raa, Sarileru Neekevvaru, and Lakshmi Raave Maa Intiki.
Naresh made his debut as a child actor in the film Pandanti Kapuram (1972). In 1982, he made his debut as a lead actor in the film Naalugu Stamabhalata. Later, he appeared in various Telugu films like Rendu Jella Sita (1983) as Gopi, Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1985) as Venkat Rao, Sri Kanakamalaxmi Recording Dance Troupe (1987) as Gopalam, Hai Hai Nayaka (1989) as Ramakrishna, Kokila (1990) as Siddhartha, Chitram Bhalare Vichitram (1992) as Nimmagadda Rajeswara Rao Raja, Jamba Lakidi Pamba (1993 as Vijay, Aame (1994) as Vikram, Dhanalakshmi, I Love You (2002) as Babu Rao, Drushyam (2014) as Prabhakar, and Shatamanam Bhavati (2017) as Bangarraju.
Poster of Naresh Babu’s film Sogasu Chuda Taramaa
Poster of Naresh Babu’s film Kokila
Naresh has appeared in Tamil films like Nenjathai Allitha (1984), Porutham(1985), Malini 22 Palayamkottai (2013), and Sandamarutham (2015).
In 1991, Naresh appeared in the show Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu as Venkata Rao on Doordarshan. Later, he appeared in a few shows like Popula Petti (1996) as Srinivas on ETV, Amrutham Icchapurapu (2002) as Amrutha Rao on Gemini TV, Maa Nanna (2012) as Sivaiah on Gemini TV, Mahalakshmi Nivasam (2013) as Viswanatha Raju on Gemini TV, and Oka Chinna Family Story (20121) as Haridas on Zee5.
Poster of Naresh Babu’s show Oka Chinna Family Story
in 1996, Naresh Babu entered politics and campaigned for the Indian National Congress. In 1998, he joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and became a member of the youth wing. Later, he worked as A.P state president, BJP State Secretary, State General Secretary, and Vice President of BJP. Naresh worked as a coordinator for the Rayalaseema Adyayana Committee. He contested from Hindupur Lok Sabha constituency in Anantapur district on party ticket for BJP. Later, he resigned from the primary membership of the party in 2009.
- 1991: Nandi Best Actor Television award for Doordarshan’s show Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu
- 1992: Nandi Special Jury Award for the film Chitram Bhalare Vichitram
- 1994: Nandi Best Actor Award for the film Sogasu Chuda Taramaa?
- 2014: Nandi Award for Best Character Actor for the film Parampara
- 2017: Nandi Award for Best Character Actor for the film Sathamanam Bhavati
- 2017: Best Character Actor Award for the film Sathamanam Bhavati at the 17th Santosham Film Awards
- 2017: SvR Character Award for the film Sathamanam Bhavati
- 2009: Servant Of The Poor award on the occasion of the 4th national meet of CNRI (Corporation for National Research Initiatives) held in New Delhi
- 2022: Allrounder award on the completion of 50 years in the film industry (Golden Jubilee year) by VB awards
Naresh Babu with his Allrounder award on the completion of 50 years in the film industry
Naresh Babu owns a BMW S 1000 RR bike and a Royal Enfiled SHL M11 bike.
Naresh Babu with his BMW S 1000 RR bike
Naresh Babu with his Royal Enfield bike SHL M11
Naresh owns a luxurious Caravan, a sports car DC Avanti, and a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Naresh Babu in his luxurious Caravan
Naresh Babu with his sports car, DC Avanti
- Naresh Babu has an organic farm at his own house. In an interview, he talked about his interest in farming and said,
I am doing it for the past 12 years in my house. All the vegetables in my house, including onion and green chillies, are all from one-and-a-half acres of organic farming,” says the actor. He also owns a 20-acre farm in Shadnagar where he is growing fruits. “It’s semi-organic, I grow fruits like mango, guava, pomegranate etc.,” he says, adding that last year he and his mother Vijaya Nirmala earned nearly Rs 4 lakh from mangoes. “Most of the fruits go to the local markets,” he says.
A newspaper article feautring Naresh Babu’s interest in farming
- Naresh Babu is fond of car racing. In 1980, at the age of 16, he entered the motor racing circuit in Chennai and won his first cup in car racing.
- In 2016, Naresh Babu has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the New York Academy of Universal Global Peace.
Naresh Babu presented with the honorary doctorate degree in Arts
- Naresh Babu took the name “Vijay Naresh” as a tribute to his mother Vijaya Nirmala on her birthday in 2006.
- In 2018, Naresh was awarded the title H.E. (His Excellency) and received a PhD degree in arts (his 2nd doctorate) from the United Nations ICDRHRP (International Commission of Diplomatic Relations Human Rights and Peace) organisation.
The UNITED NATIONS group in philipines yesterday & awarded the title H.E’ HIS EXCELLENCY’ .
Also recived a PHD (My 2nd doctorate) for arts frm ICDRHRP. I dedicate ths 2 my guru sri Jandhyalagaru, my family & the people of 2 telugu states who made this possible. Thank u v much pic.twitter.com/kbAiCPuSBp
— H.E Dr Naresh VK actor (@ItsActorNaresh) March 18, 2018
- In 2019, Naresh Babu was elected as the president of the Movie Artists Association group.
- Naresh Babu is the founder of KIV (Kalakarula Ikya Vidika), an NGO, which works to protect ancient arts and provides a platform to support local artists.
Naresh Babu and his team of KIV (Kalakarula Ikya Vidika) NGO
- Naresh Babu did a 125 km Padayatra from Icchampally Project to Warangal alongside Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao for linking Krishna and Godavari waters.
- Naresh Vijaya Krishna considers Jandhyala Veera Venkata Durga Siva Subrahmanya Sastry as his ‘Guru’ in the film industry.
- Naresh Babu’s film ‘Hindustan The Mother’ premiered at the International Film Festival of India, BFI London Film Festival, and Mumbai Film Festival in 2001.
- Naresh’s Telugu film Mee Sreyobhilashi premiered at the International Film Festival of India in 2007.
- Naresh Babu’s Telugu film Parampara premiered at the Jakarta International Film Festival in 2014.