Sadia Khateeb is a prominent Indian model and actress who primarily appears in Hindi cinema. She made her Bollywood debut in 2020 with the film Shikara. This film was directed by renowned Indian director Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
Sadia Khateeb was born on Thursday, 18 September 1997 (age 25 years; as of 2022) in Bhaderwah, Jammu & Kashmir, India. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. Soon after finishing her school education, Sadia Khateeb joined GCET (Government College of Engineering and Technology), Kainkh, Jammu & Kashmir to pursue her engineering degree.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Aylas Khateeb. He died at the beginning of 2021.
Sadiaa Khateeb with her father
Her mother’s name is Shahida Khateeb.
A picture of Sadia’s mother
She has a sister named Rumysa Khateeb and a brother named Atif Khateeb.
Sadia Khateeb with her sister
Sadiaa Khateeb with her brother
She is not married.
In 2020, Sadia Khateeb marked her acting debut with the film Shikara in which she played the role of Shanti, who was a medical student in Jammu and Kashmir. In the film, she got married to a professor who was a Kashmiri Pandit. The film picturised the love story of this Kashmiri Pandit couple during the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits from the Kashmir Valley in the 1990s. Soon after the release of the film, her performance in the film was highly acclaimed; however, the film failed at the box office.
Sadia Khateeb on the poster of the film Shikara
In June 2022, she was cast in the film Raksha Bandhan, which was a comedy-drama film. The lead characters of the film were Akshay Kumar and Bhumi Pednekar. The story of the film was based on the love and sacrifices of a brother towards his four sisters. Sadia Khateeb played the role of Akshay Kumar’s sister in the film along with the other actors Sahejmeen Kaur, Deepika Khanna, Sadia Khateeb, and Smrithi Srikanth.
The poster of the film Raksha Bandhan
- Horse riding and reading books are Sadia’s favourite recreational activities.
Sadia Khateeb while riding a horse
- Sadia Khateeb secured the tenth rank in the 12th class board examinations in Jammu and Kashmir.
Sadia Khateeb in a newspaper article after she ranked tenth in her class 12th
- At the age of twenty, Sadia Khateeb was offered the film Shikara in 2017 by the director Indu Sharma who called her over the phone to inform her that she was chosen by Vidhu Vinod Chopra to play the lead role in the film. A couple of weeks later, it was officially announced that she was playing the role of ‘Shanti’ in the film Shikara opposite Aadil Khan.
- Reportedly, during the making of the film Shikara for three years, the lead actors of the film (Sadia Khateeb and Aadil Khan) stayed away from all social media platforms from 2017 to 2020.
- According to Sadia Khateeb, before venturing into the Indian film industry in 2017, she was once approached by someone from Mumbai over the phone to cast her in the film ‘Laila Majnu’ by Imtiaz Ali. However, Sadia Khateeb rejected the offer believing that it was just a prank.
- Once, Sadia Khateeb narrated in a media conversation that as an outsider, she analyse too much while selecting a picture to act in. She added that the audience always remembers an actor’s last film, so one had to choose his/her next project wisely. She said,
I have to be choosy. If today, a film script comes to me, I have to think 10 times because I can’t do just anything. I was told by close friends that ‘you will be remembered from your last film, so whatever you are going to choose, be wise’, because nobody will remember I did well in ‘Shikara’. Whatever you choose, it has to be better than or at par with your last film.”
- Sadia Khateeb often shares her pictures and videos on various social media platforms. Over 25k people follow her on Instagram.
- She is an avid cat lover. Sadia Khateeb often shares pictures of her pet cats and dogs on social media.
Sadia Khateeb with her pet cat