Sehba Musharraf is a Pakistani citizen who is known for being the wife of wife of former President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf.
Sehba Musharraf was born on Friday, 18 February 1948 (age 74 years; as of 2022) in Okara, Pakistan. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She attended St. Joseph’s College for Women, Pakistan.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Sehba’s father was a judge, and her mother was a homemaker. She has two brothers, and two sisters; one of her sister’s names is Huma Khaishgi.
Husband & Children
Sehba got married to Pervez Musharraf, who is the former Chief Minister of Pakistan on 28 December 1968. She was twenty years old when she got married. They have two children, a son, Bilal Musharraf, who is a chartered accountant, and one daughter, Ayla Raza, who is an architect.
Sehba Musharraf with her family
She follows Islam.
Before her marriage, she was the principal of a school in Kharian, Pakistan. Later, she worked as a teacher in many army schools. In 1999, she was a strategist to her husband, who took chief authority of Pakistan.
In 2018, Sehba attracted controversy when she was accused of a multi-billion corruption probe by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). The bureau doubted her of buying ten expensive properties. The notice issued to her read,
You are hereby called upon to appear along with your CNIC on 10th July 2018 at 10.00 am at NAB (R) before Malik Zubair Ahmad, Deputy Director IW-1, for recording statement along with complete details of sale and purchase of below-mentioned properties/vehicles.”
- Sehba is referred to as the First Lady of Pakistan and Begum Sehba Musharraf by many media houses.
- She is politically inclined toward the All Pakistan Muslim League.
- In 2001, she visited the Taj Mahal and various other historical monuments in India along with her husband who attended the Indo-Pak summit.
Sehba Musharraf with her husband during a visit to India
- In 2005, she carried out a weekend of prayers, peace talks, and cricket with her husband during her second visit to India.
- In 2006, she got a chance to speak at George Washington University School of Media about reforms in Pakistan taken for women empowerment.
Sehba Musharraf at George Washington University School of Media
- In 2009, when the First Lady of the US, Laura Bush, visited Pakistan, she was gifted sapphire jewelry, silk lengths, and cashmere pashmina worth $680 by Sehba.
- Reportedly, she opened a joint account with her husband in 2011, in Union National Bank, Abu Dhabi where she deposited UAE Dirhams 17,000,000.
- In 2013, she went through a huge loss of Rs. 19,61,465 which she had invested in the shares of Bank Alfalah.
- In 2013, she used to meet her husband during prescribed visiting hours when he was put under house arrest.
- In 2014, she requested the ministry of interior, to remove her husband’s name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
- In 2014, her husband fell ill and was admitted to the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC)’s intensive care unit (ICU), due to which she had to come to Dubai to meet him.
- In 2016, she filed a complaint against her husband’s moveable and immovable property that was attached in the high treason case. In the complaint, she stated that her husband gifted his immovable properties to her, and her daughter, Ayla.
- In 2018, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), summoned her children in a corruption case.
- While her husband was the President of Pakistan, she worked for the empowerment of women in backward areas and was also elected as the chairperson of the Asia Pacific Women’s Organisation.