Shilpa Rani is an Indian track and field athlete who competes in Javelin Throw. She secured the second position in the 2022 National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships, Chennai, after which she was named in India’s 37-member Athletics contingent for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Shilpa Nain was born on 15 June 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2022), and she hails from the village Danoda in Jind district, Haryana. She did her schooling at Saraswati Sr. Sec. School, Danoda. She used to play handball during her school days. In 2021, she secured a government job as a coach.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
She belongs to a Haryanvi Jat family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Bagwan Das. She is the youngest of four siblings.1 Her brother Binder Danoda is a singer and lyricist.
Shilpa Rani’s brother Binder Danoda and father, Bagwan Das
Shilpa Rani with her brother Binder Danoda
Shilpa Rani’s brother Binder Danoda and mother
Husband & Children
She is unmarried.
- 2020 Khelo India University Games, Bhubaneshwar (48.22m)
- 2022 National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships, Chennai (59.01m)
Shilpa Rani at 2022 National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships, Chennai
- 2022 Qosanov Memorial, Almaty (56.16m)
- 2022 National Federation Cup, Thenhipalam (55.72m)
- 2022 Indian Open Javelin Throw Competition, Jamshedpur (53.01m)
- 2022 Indian Grand Prix, Bhubaneshwar (51.98m)
- 2021 Indian Grand Prix 4, Patiala (48.74m)
- 2021 National Open Athletics Championships, Warangal (47.83m)
A picture of Shilpa Rani flaunting her bronze medal at the 2021 National Open Athletics Championships
Shilpa Rani flaunting her bronze medal at the 2021 National Open Athletics Championships
- Besides being a javelin thrower, she is also a skilled handball player and has won various gold medals in the sport.
- She is the brand ambassador of Farmer’s City, which provides assistance to farmers and works toward their welfare.
- Once, she was awarded the title of Best Goalkeeper at SAIF Games.
- She won a gold medal in handball at the 2016 South Asian Games, held in Guwahati.