Solo Leveling (나 혼자만 레벨업)
Solo Leveling is a hit manhwa based on a novel. During its run, it was easily the most popular manhwa, or Korean comic, of its time, gaining a global audience that eagerly awaited its weekly release. The base story follows a hunter, Sung Jinwoo, who becomes the series’ main overpowered protagonist.Snowballing off of the manhwa’s success, A-1 Studios took it upon themselves to animate the series. This is the same studio responsible for Black Butler II, Sword Art Online, and even Kaguya-sama Love is War. They primarily tackle Japanese titles, therefore making their commitment to Solo Leveling a bit of a surprise.
Solo Leveling Anime Trailer
Fans were treated to a peek of the upcoming anime’s vibes with the gorgeous teaser PV above, which Crunchyroll released during the said industry panel.Jinwoo’s transition from weak to strong was also cleverly shown in the key visual, as most eagle-eyed fans observed.The Crunchyroll teaser was shared by the official Solo Leveling Twitter account and some notable anime sources on social media.Crunchyroll posted the PV on their Youtube channel, but it was not available anymore for unspecified reasons.
Where To Watch Solo Leveling Anime
Solo Leveling will surely premiere on Crunchyroll, although sources confirmed no definite time slot or frame. We’ll update this article once the relevant information has been released.Despite A-1 taking the wheel for Solo Leveling, fans are still anxious about how the anime will turn out.It could be recalled that many fans were dissatisfied with the pacing and story done for the manhwa’s Big 3 (Noblesse, God of High School, Tower of God), which Crunchyroll co-produced.The fans feeling this way is understandable, seeing that Solo Leveling has been topping Crunchyroll’s poll of the top 10 mangas fans want to see animated for two years.But the burgeoning excitement drives the anticipation forward as fans place their hopes on the production staff.Still, it would be best if you don’t sleep on this ensemble of anime veterans.
Solo Leveling Story
Solo Leveling has the makings of a great story: an underdog protagonist who went from being the weakest hunter to becoming the world’s strongest; a lengthy storyline with intricate lore; and an addictive modern retelling of a popular fantasy subgenre.The underdog protagonist is named Sung Jinwoo, a rank-E hunter deemed as “humanity’s weakest”.In a world where hunters are humanity’s heroes against the invasion of monsters coming out of ‘Gates’, Jinwoo’s fate seems grim.But, as luck would have it, Jinwoo is presented with a fortuitous encounter: a rare double dungeon with deathly rewards. Left for dead, the weak Rank-E hunter somehow survives.Jinwoo has become the mysterious System’s Player. Finally, Jinwoo’s fate turns for the better, but he has to fight for it.Gaining newfound abilities and powers, Jinwoo embarks on an arduous quest to find the secrets behind the dungeons and their unfathomable source.
Solo Leveling News
- Along with the announcement for the anime, the visuals also showed messages from Solo Leveling author Chugong and manhwa artist DUBU.
- When the Solo Leveling author confirmed the news about his work’s animation, “he is feeling excited and thrilled these days.”
- “I’m still half-doubting that this is real; I want to see Jinwoo and the other characters get animated soon and feel relieved,” Chugong added.
- DUBU of REDICE Studio, who created the manhwa’s ubiquitous top-tier artwork, thanked the fans who loved and supported Solo Leveling.
- He remarked that getting the offer for the adaptation felt like yesterday. “I feel so overwhelmed when I think that the anime is really being created right now,” DUBU added.
- Sadly, DUBU, whose real name is Jang Sung-Rak, passed away mere weeks after the announcement due to a cerebral hemorrhage. He was 37 years old.
- Although he will not see A-1’s version of his artwork, Solo Leveling manhwa will forever be his legacy.
- Earlier this year, popular South Korean mobile games developer Netmarble announced that they are creating an RPG based on Solo Leveling.
- The game was revealed to be called Solo Leveling: Arise, and its official website held a pre-registration event for South Korean users that has long since ended.
- Solo Leveling: Arise was one of the four new games Netmarble unveiled during the G-STAR 2022 held on November 17, 2022.
- It was described as a game where users can “fight as webtoon characters and create their own action style with various skills and weapons through level up.
- On the same day, Netmarble released the game’s new trailer featuring Sung Jinwoo’s fight against fan-favorite Blood-Red Commander Igris.
- The video also teased a 2023 release year.
- In the following days, the game’s Twitter account released a series of videos depicting Solo Leveling: Arise’s gameplay and fight trailers.
- Some of the most notable ones are the trailers for Sung Jinwoo’s memorable fights against Blue Venom-Fanged Kasaka and Steel Fang Raikan.
Solo Leveling Anime Production Staff
Shunsuke Nakashige will direct the series while Noboru Kimura will handle the screenplay. The music will be composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, whose previous works include compositions for anime icons like Attack on Titan, The Seven Deadly Sins, and Kill La Kill.The main production staff is as follows:
- Original Work: Solo Leveling by DUBU (REDICE Studio), Chugong, h-goon
- Director: Shunsuke Nakashige
- Head Writer: Noboru Kimura
- Character Designer: Tomoko Sudo
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures
- Are you excited about Solo Leveling Anime? Let us know in the comments section.